Recently, one of my friends, Katy, quit her day job and followed her heart to pursue a career in photography. I am so proud of her. She is ridiculously talented and responsible for these pictures.
(By the way, she will be in town in November, so schedule your holiday pics with her. She is doing ours!)
Obviously she is very inspiring and in the vein of her inspiration I would like to tell you about a little something Jeff and I have been mulling over for a long time.
I am not an expert or anything, but I really like decorating/designing rooms. Jeff is an expert, and he is incredibly talented in his craft. (In case you haven't noticed.) One of the things Jeff and I have been talking about for awhile is the idea of pairing up: I do design-ish stuff and he does production-ish stuff.
As we talked we toyed with the idea of doing a variety of things. Offering decorating or repurposing services that don't cost an arm or a leg. For example, you want a way to rethink a space or reuse furniture you already have? We would help you.
We also thought about coming up with unique accessories or home decor. But, really, we can't agree on anything we both like.
Ultimately, though, we have agreed that we like the idea of repurposing furniture. Call us green or call us cheap, but what's the point of making brand new furniture if it is already out there to be rediscovered and redone? Plus, we do A LOT of that in our house already. Sometimes we are out and see something and say, "It's not my style but I could totally do this...".
It's not a business, it's more of a shared project. If we make a couple bucks off it, then we'll just buy more stuff and try something new.
So, this is what we have for you. A new blog, a new space, that is totally dedicated to this kind of stuff. I don't like cluttering up our family blog (something that is mainly a journal for the boys) and to digress too much.
Please visit! I promise we will add new stuff soon. Let us know what you think.



2 comments:
First client. Right here.
Watch your back, Renee, I am fighting you for that title!
Love all the pictures of your house, too, Keiko. I've never been upstairs. And no house you live in will ever be generic because all the woodwork will be SO amazing!
Post a Comment