Saturday, October 30, 2010

Homecoming Week

I am going to talk about school for a minute.  Just a minute.  Just so I can explain my absence.  Just so I can document for my boys why there are gaps in their memories of mom in Sept/Oct.

Club advisors do a lot.  The next time you meet someone who has advised a club, shake their hands.  Coaches get all the glory--and I mean ALL the glory.  I would say on a glory meter, they get like 109%, which is aggravating because their season lasts a few months, while club advisors are at it year-round.   Can I get an amen?

My student council kids are rocking our school's universe, taking on twice as much as we did last year.  This means Mrs. Dilbeck gets a ton of quality time with her StudCo babies.

This week is affectionately dubbed Homecoming Hell Week. And this year is no exception. I'll spare you the gory details (and pictures, shame on me), but since last Friday I have been pulling 14+ hour days at school, last night was exceptionally gruesome, getting home after one in the morning.

But...I have an incredible student body, teachers, and community that are worth it, kids that work harder than anyone can imagine, a patient husband who (fingers crossed) might take me to the dance tonight, and my baby boys who have been titled the StudCo mascots.

Perhaps I am delirious with a lack of sleep and too much paint fumes, but I just might be excited for next year's Homecoming.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...