Friday, July 29, 2011

Summa' time and the living's easy

It's time for me to put my working mom, big girl panties on and suck it up. 'Tis the end of summer and that means back to school.

I feel a bit cheated this summer since I was at school much of June, but that just meant more moola for us to have fun, right?

I will miss...
...belly laughs.
...B's little butt in his undies (AKA summer time attire).
...Cash learning to kiss.
....play dates with friends.
....B quizzing me on the day's schedule.
....letting B pick if he wants to go swimming or the museum.
...sandy toes.
....Sesame Street cuddling.
...flip flops, tank tops, and cozy shorts.
....Cash attacking the monster (me under a blanket).
....making fun new meals.
....waking up at 7am.
....floating with the boys in the pool.
....infinite time for home projects.
...the ability to go to the bathroom whenever I please.
...naps.

B is starting his last year of preschool and Cash will be with a new sitter, so lots of fun adventures are coming up.

Regardless, time marches on. It makes me sad now, but there will be more breaks and summer times to come.

2 comments:

The Wizzle said...

Oh, so hard to leave them, and yet, YAY, you get to leave them, right? Whatever our lot is, we can't help wishing for the other one at least some of the time.

Also, glad to hear my kids aren't the only ones who think undies are all you need to be "dressed". Eve came home from a friend's house today, and I found her on the couch in her t-shirt and panties. I asked her where her skirt went, and she said "well, I just kind of got tired of wearing it".

Hmmmm. I suppose.

Anonymous said...

I'm so jealous you get to go teach and I'm also so relieved I don't have to. I'm confused.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...