I (irresponsibly) knew little about the man before he took the stage last night and was desperate to hear from him. Boys and girls, I was quite impressed. I felt like I was learning about govt from a really cool civics teacher. I have read transcripts of past interviews and know he tends to be verbose, so I was worried he would talk in circles like other politicians we know and love. (ahem) That being said, here are some points that made my (semi) slanted eyes light up...
- lots of facts and statistics--that is really putting yourself out there and though I know some of his numbers were off (he wasn't the only one) overall he illustrated his points well
- connecting a to b and then c--I like a smooth, focused arguments
- he called Palin on the "bizarre" notion that the VP office should have expanded powers
- his wife is a teacher
- he didn't back down from the working-mom argument
Those are just a few. My last blog was just to illustrate that he made an impression on me intellectually, not visually. Get your minds out of the gutter.
That being said, I honestly think Palin redeemed herself somewhat. She was looking like The Fool after the Couric interviews. Maybe I just don't get her "humor". I am glad she was able to step it up. I didn't want her to make it too easy to dismiss her...
PS- Katy, I loved your blog and can't wait to read the reasons why people like their candidates. I have similar convos with my students and appreciate an open sharing of minds. Despite my obvious leanings here, many of my students are baffled as to who I am voting for in the election.
1 comment:
Oh, now there ya go again Keiko, doggonit.
You-becha.
Post a Comment