Saturday, July 3, 2010

Bradley's room, version 7.0- part deux

The main reason I redid B's room is because I daydream constantly about the day the boys move in together. I don't plan on doing this until Cash is out of his crib, so it could be awhile. But the ideas kept rolling around my brain and once I get set on some ideas I can't stop.

The beds.

It started with beds. I had been looking at twin beds on Craigslist for ages. Then on Knock off Wood I found some beds I thought I wanted Jeff to make. But then I would see beds on Craigslist. Ugh. Ultimately I decided that it wasn't fair to have Jeff working in the heat making the beds, especially considering his workload these days. When he is home we want him hanging out with us, not knocking around the garage.

I found two beds on CL that I lurrrved. I specifically did not want beds that matched. Again, the funky eclectic thing I like. However, I did want to paint them so they were the same color.

So, I sent Jeff out with his truck to pick up the beds and they lived in our garage for a week or so while I hemmed and hawed over paint and so forth.

They turned out so nice!


The wall.

This is one of my inspiration pictures.

I think I replicated it well. Can I tell you how much I love the texture and color on this wall? Plus, I didn't have to paint. I am thinking of how I can replicated this for my bedroom redo...whenever that happens.



God bless Ebay. Seriously. I love that when I need a bunch of maps I can just go to Ebay and search for "lot of maps" and I get a bunch of maps for like $6 and free shipping.

The dresser.

The minute I saw this on CL I became giddy. I had to have it. It might have had a broken leg, but that just made me even happier because a) I would get it cheaper and b) I am married to cabinet maker. Worrrrd.

I love this type of old furniture. I am trying not to get too attached because I envision little boys jumping off the top of it into army rolls or books being thrown at the mirror.

On top I have my beloved massive mule lamp. Also, my dad gave me his old-school globe. You want to know how old that thing is? The USSR is on there. Awesome. I told B the globe is not a toy and he said, "Yeah, I break it and grandpa gets sad and you cry." So true, my son. 



Jeff deserves a lot of credit for this room, too. Not only did he fetch and refinish all the furniture, but he helped me when it came to attacking the logistics of the lamp. I had a lot of fun working with him on this. I doubt he could say the same. I am seriously a bossy boss when it comes to things like this. But I do love that we worked together on this.


3 comments:

jules said...

How cute! Great job.

Anonymous said...

Fabulous, as always! I too can't wait fot the day my boys can move into a room together. I really hope they like sharing a room and aren't all, "So...tell my why we have a COMPLETELY VACANT ROOM THAT ONE OF US COULD HAVE ALL TO OURSELVES RIGHT NEXT DOOR again?"

Renee said...

This is such a great room. I'm a little obsessed with those huge pillows on the floor. I am imagining so many awesome games of "Mommy is pretending to be dead while you guys play quietly."

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...