I live in Arizona. I realize it is hot and I choose to live here. Typically you won't find me complaining until it gets to be over 110 degrees, because, well, let's admit: that is ridiculously hot.
Yesterday was 113 degrees, which is way above normal for this early in the summer. So I am in bitch mode (more than usual).
I promise I have not decided to diversify my blog and start adding recipes, but this is about the only thing that makes me feel better when it is this hot.
Ahhh, Sunomono. This Japanese side dish is the personification of cool and very easy to make.
Ingredients:
2-4 cucumbers, depending on how many you are feeding
3/4 cup rice vinegar*
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 cup sugar*
(* you can adjust the size of these ingredients based on your tastebuds)
Prepare:
Peel, half (lengthwise), seed, and slice cucumbers.
Mix together vinegar, salt, and sugar; add cucumbers.
Cool for an hour or so.
Top with sesame see if you want.
Enjoy.
This is a great side dish to any Japanese dish. Or if you are Jeff, it compliments anything.

1 comment:
YUMMMM! I will be making this tomorrow, thankyouverymuch.
Post a Comment