Tuesday, July 27, 2010

So a lawyer walks in to a bar...

My brother is in the middle of taking the bar. The first day he writes twelve essays in six hours. The second day is multiple choice. I think taking the test is the easiest part, studying for it is brutal. I've been watching and helping him review flashcard after flashcard.


The boys have been over there a couple times while he reviewed. B keeps asking to see "Unca Donfin" and I keep telling him he is getting ready to take his test. Today he asked me, "Unca Donfin take his test yet?" I think he is just waiting until he doesn't have to tiptoe around him anymore.

I am abstaining from lawyer jokes for awhile because a) well, my baby brother is going to be a lawyer, b) anyone who has to go through that bs deserves a break, and c) he hasn't done my will yet.

Did you know that when you take the bar you can't bring things like tampons? Or wear flip flops? Or talk in the bathroom (they have proctors in there, too)?

Good luck, Jonathan!

5 comments:

Cassandra said...

You can't talk in the bathrooms? I'm sure that's easy for your brother, but what about us girls? I always talk when I'm in the bathroom...

Good luck to your brother! I hope he does great!

Jeff Westover (Go Ducks!) said...

I'm think back to things I have done in a bar. Hope he does well too! :)

Ern said...

Unca Donfin?! My ice-cold heart melted a little.

Renee said...

I know you're talking about an actual Will, but I like it more when I understand it like, "He needs to do my will" as in, whatever the hell I want.

Your brother is rad.

mrsmouthy said...

And is Jonathon accustomed to carrying tampons around?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...